Last December 27, 2016, the National Bureau of Investigation made effective the “No Appointment, No Entry” policy for those applying for NBI Clearance. This means that you cannot apply and make your personal appearance all in the same day. Thus, it is strongly advised to register online beforehand and set appointment date in advance.
To be able to set an appointment, you would need to have yourself registered on the NBI online registration site, www.nbi-clearance.com.
Here are the steps of setting an appointment date and securing your NBI clearance.
- First, upon reaching the homepage, click “Register as New Account” on the top right part of the screen. You will be asked if you have an old NBI Clearance, simply click Yes or No.
- Fill out the form with all the necessary details. Make sure that the email address you would register is accessible and working since you will receive a confirmation email there. Read the Terms of Service and tick ‘I accept Terms of Service’ before clicking ‘Sign Up.’You will be asked to confirm the information you entered. Double check it carefully since you will no longer be allowed to revise it afterwards.After confirming your account via the email you had been sent, you may now login to the NBI clearance website. Simply input your email and password.
- You can now fill out the application form on the website. Again, make sure that there are no typos and all information are accurate to avoid problems later on. Click ‘Save Information’ once done.
- Once you finished filling out the necessary details, you may continue to ‘Apply for Clearance’ on the top right icon on the screen or ‘Edit Information’ if you found some errors.
- If its your first time a pop up will open asking you to provide a 6-digit PIN. Just enter your desired PIN and submit.
- After you click ‘Apply for Clearance’ you will be asked what type of identification you would present upon your NBI appearance. Simply click ‘I agree’
- You will be reminded to secure your Registration Code or Reference Number since it will be you gate pass upon entering the NBI office premises. You will also need it during payment.
- You are now ready to set up you appointment. Select which NBI Branch you prefer, schedule of the appointment, purpose and purpose detail.
- Select your payment options. You can pay via banks, mobile banking, mobile payment, and Bayad centers. Take note of the instructions and reminders then proceed to payment.
- After you chose the payment option, you will be redirected to the confirmation page.
- To verify the status of your NBI clearance application, go to the Transactions tab; click ‘Payment Instructions.’
Once you finished your online registration, you may print out a copy of your online registration form or take note of you Registration code. Pay the necessary fees and be sure to make your appearance at the NBI branch on the date of your appointment.
Do not forget to bring the valid ID you chose during your online registration and other valid identification just in case. Also take note that there is an implemented dress code, so dress smartly.